My friend Javi (who will join this group eventually that lazy sack) is a masterful MTG player and deck-constructor. Hell, he's damn impressive nerd all around. One time he made a Black deck out of my cards, and it is pretty devestating despite the fact that I never really collected Black and thus don't have multiples of good cards for it. It has more creatures than most Black decks (again, my fault) but uses it's excessive Mana to deal absurd amounts of damage with them.
Here's it is:
1x Marsh Gas
1x Raise Dead
1x Ebony Charm
1x Soul Feat
1x Bone Harvest
1x Amber Prison
1x Primal Clay
1x Death Stroke
4x Drudge Skeleton
1x Fetid Horror
2x Black Knight
1x Marsh Lurker
1x Phyrexian Hulk
1x Hyalopterous Lemur
1x Order of the Ebon Hand
1x Shimian Night Stalker
1x Wall of Souls
1x Phantasmal Fiend
1x Dauthi Marauder
2x Erg Raiders
2x Howl From Beyond
1x Wall of Shadows
1x Blood Pet
1x Urborg Panther
1x Mindstab Thrull
Several things stand out:
- 28 Swamps is a ton of Land for a mono deck. But as long as you don't go on a paralyzing all-Mana run (you'll almost never have a shortage) you're pretty much set. The deck was designed around utilizing any extra Mana you might have to empower your creatures.
- A LOT of the many creatures in this deck crave Mana. Fetid Horror, Order of the Ebon Hand, Nightmare (in an even more awesome way), Howl From Beyond (not a creature, but hey, we like all flavors), Phantasmal Fiend, Marsh Lurker. All of those cards crave tons of swamps, and this deck gives it to them, allowing you to deal jacked up damage early and often until you get to watch your friend sob as he packs up his deck, one of my favorite sights in MTG.
- Almost everything else in the deck is geared towards making you hard to hurt: regenerating weenies (Drudge Skeletons), indestrubtible walls (Shadows and Souls), some nice killing spells (Terror, Death Stroke), regeneration spells (Bone Harvest, Raise Dead). Even a couple Dauthi Marauders for consistant damage and Shadow defense. It is incredibly hard to damage and not be damaged by this deck.
There are problems, however. You may have noticed that there isn't a single card that can stop or destroy a spell of any kind. Blue decks particularly can rock it by making attacking difficult, but even if you opponent uses Propaganda or a simliar card to stop your attacking you probably have enough Mana to circumvent it. There are so many creatures to that even if opponents nerf a few with Pacifism or Gaseous Form you probably have more coming up on the next draw.
If you think you've got a deck that matches up, post it! Otherwise, bask in the majesty and work on finding a Nightmare for yourself if you don't already have one.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades